FAQ and Policies
What does RUOSH mean?
RUOSH means passion in Sanskrit. A powerful and compelling emotion. At RUOSH, we are passionate about Design, Comfort and Craftsmanship. A premium men’s leather footwear brand, RUOSH is recommended for gentlemen whose sense of style goes beyond the fleeting looks of season.
Is RUOSH an Indian brand?
Yes, RUOSH is a home-grown Indian brand, based out of Bengaluru.
When did RUOSH start its operations?
We opened our first store in Bengaluru in October, 2011. We have hence expanded our presence in 9 cities via 33 company owned stores.
What are the product offerings by RUOSH?
We started our journey, 7 years ago, making shoes for men. With shoes available in 5 categories: Work, Smart Casuals, Occasion, Club & Wedding, RUOSH has now taken the legacy of expert craftsmanship in shoe making forward and also introduced a range of Bags & Small Leather Goods. You can also find various leather care accessories at RUOSH stores.
What is special about RUOSH products?
RUOSH endorses style that strikes a fine balance between the classic and the modern, the discreet and the bold, with good taste being the only criterion for selection. At RUOSH, over the years, we have mastered the craft of quality shoe making, where each and every shoe is made using hand selected rich & genuine leathers with intricacy & detail in every step of the process.
Do you take custom-fit orders?
We do not undertake customer-fit orders as of now. However, we do have a wide range of shoes and sandals available across all our RUOSH stores and would urge you to pay a visit soon.
How often do you release New Styles?
We have two seasonal collections in a year. If you subscribe to our newsletter, you will receive our e-mails on the latest arrivals at RUOSH.
Where can I write to RUOSH team for possible business partnerships?
We are constantly working on new partnerships & ideas and would love to hear from you. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has RUOSH started making shoes for women?
Yes! With a lot of feedback received from all the wonderful ladies, over the years, RUOSH launched a range of footwear for women in April 2017.
Are all your stores company owned?
Yes, all 33 Exclusive stores are company owned. RUOSH does not have a franchise model of ownership yet.
Which cities can I find RUOSH stores at?
RUOSH Exclusive stores are present in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mysore, Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Noida, Gurgaon and Kanpur. RUOSH is also available via our channel partners in aforementioned and other cities. Click here to know more.
What are your store opening & closing time?
Following are the opening & closing times of our stores:
Weekdays: 12 pm – 9 pm
Weekend: 11.30 am – 9 pm
Mall Store timings differ from city to city. For more details, please click here.
What if I face a manufacturing defect?
At RUOSH, we stand by the quality of the product we offer to you. Extreme care is taken during the manufacturing process and each footwear is subjected to rigorous quality check norms. In the rare eventuality, if you find a manufacturing defect in the footwear purchased, we would be happy to repair/refinish, replace or exchange the footwear purchased in full MRP, so noticed within 365 days from the date of invoice. Exchange/ Replacement will be at the sole discretion of the company.
Manufacturing defects would mean the following only:
- 1) Damaged Upper Material
- 2) Broken / Damaged Sole or Heel
- 3) Faulty Zippers or Buckles
Note: The manufacturing defect policy excludes external damages that has been caused intentionally / un-intentionally / improper usage like:
- 1. Regular wear and tear due to daily usage
- 2. Physical damage of upper or sole like Animal bites, Silencer burns, Exposure to sharp/blunt edges etc.
- 3. Exposure to water/liquid
- 4. Use of improper cleaning agents or methods
Can I buy a footwear on Ruosh.com and exchange in a Ruosh store?
Yes, you exchange can exchange the footwear you have purchased online in an offline store. You need to possess the bill or the store should be able to fetch the bill through the details (email ID or mobile number) provided during checkout.
What if I changed my mind post purchase?
At RUOSH, we understand that sometime you may change your mind about the colour or style of footwear you have bought. We will help you exchange the product anytime within 21 days from the date of purchase, if they are returned to us in unused and saleable condition. The decision of the store manager in relation to the condition of the product on its return (whether unused or in saleable condition or not) shall be final.
What if I face a manufacturing defect?
Wearing footwear must be a source of pleasure. If you feel, the footwear you have bought at RUOSH is smaller or larger, we can help you to replace the footwear. This can be done even if the footwear is used.
However, the exchange to the correct size is allowed:
- 1) For the exact same pattern and design
- 2) Within five (5) days from the date of purchase.
- 3) At a minimal cost of 25% of the M.R.P of the product.
Can I buy a shoe in one store and exchange in another?
Yes, you can buy a shoe in one store and exchange in another store. You need to possess the bill or the store should be able to fetch the bill through the details provided during billing.
Is it necessary to have the bill in case of exchange?
A bill or the proof of purchase in the form of details given at the time of billing, such as mobile number or email ID, is necessary.
What are the kind of shoes available for women?
RUOSH has been designed for the active woman of today and the range offers a variety of driving shoes, low heel pumps, ballerinas, skateboard sneakers and man tailor shoes.
What sizes are available?
RUOSH is one of the few brands in the country offering shoes in half sizes. Please refer the below grid for available sizes:
Know your shoe size
Where does RUOSH manufacture its shoes?
Sara Suole Pvt. Ltd, the parent company of RUOSH has manufacturing units in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and also owns a tannery for leather processing.
What is the durability of your shoes?
Durability of a shoe depends on the usage. In order to increase the durability, alternate day usage is recommended along with usage of shoe creams, shoe tree & shoe horn. To know more about leather care instructions, click here.
What kind of leathers do you use?
Specific information on the leather used for a product, the treatment and how to care for the product is included with the purchase of the product. If you have any further queries about the material used for a particular product, please contact us with the product name and we will furnish additional information.
Do all your shoes have leather soles?
No. RUOSH shoes have a variety of soles, which includes leather soles, PU, TPU, EVA and TPR soles.
Can everybody wear leather soles?
Everybody can wear shoes with leather soles. However, if you are not used to wearing leather soles, you might find the sole comparatively stiffer than other shoes. It is recommended that initially, you wear them for 5 to 7 times on alternate days until you get used to them or break into the shoes.
What care should I take while wearing leather soles?
While leather soles are extremely sleek, classic & elegant, they are not slip resistant. If you are not used to wearing leather soles, you should wear them for 5 to 7 times on alternate days until you get used to them. Leather soles need to be kept away from water.
It is also important to know that it takes 5-7 wears to break into a full leather shoe which is basically your feet getting used to the leather sole.
I have worn the shoes only once and there are wrinkles. Why is that so?
It’s completely natural for genuine leather to wrinkle and develop creases on usage. Depending on the type of shoe, leather creases more or less.
I bought a shoe whose colour seems to be fading now. Why is that happening?
It's not colour fading but leather weathering in hand tamponated shoes, which is natural and happens with continuous usage. It’s likely to happen in the area where the shoe flexes. This can be maintained by using appropriate shoe cream or waxes to match the colour of the leather.
This normally occurs in shoes which are hand tamponated. Hand tamponation is a technique where shoes are hand painted using organic dyes by expert craftsmen.
What is the use of a shoe horn?
Usage of shoe horn adds to the life of the shoe. Depending on the length of the shoe horn, it also helps you wear the shoes more easily while standing. It protects the quarter (back area) of the shoe from getting damaged. RUOSH shoe horn is made from Steam Beach Wood with a sleek design and available across excsluvie outlets.
Why should I buy a shoe tree?
Shoe tree reduces the chances of leather wrinkling or creasing which in turn retains the original shape of the shoe. It also increases the life span of the shoe by absorbing the moisture generated from perspiration unto itself and not into the lining of the shoe.
RUOSH shoe tree is made from premium cedar wood and the powerful aroma of cedar keeps shoe odours at bay. It's available in 3 sizes Small: 39 to 41, Medium: 42 to 43, Large: 44 to 45. It has springs which allow to compress and take shape of the shoe.
Does wearing my leather shoes in the rain ruin the leather?
Leather and water don’t go well together. Hence, it’s recommended that any leather shoe/ accessory be kept away from water.
What should I do if my leather shoes get wet?
If it gets wet, insert a shoe tree inside the shoe and dry them naturally. If it is soaked wet, remove the excessive water from the leather by stuffing paper until paper comes out dry. Insert a shoe tree and let it dry naturally. Remember not to use artificial techniques like hot blowers to dry the leather.
Do you have water proof shoes?
We sell water resistant shoes. The leather is specifically treated for water resistance and the rubber sole gives you a better grip on wet surfaces. A special water resistant adhesive used, prevents water from seeping in through the stitched seams.
Do you do repairs?
We do repairs in case of any manufacturing defect. For more details on what we consider as manufacturing defects, click here.
Do RUOSH shoes come with any warranty?
RUOSH shoes bought at full MRP come with 1 year warranty. For shoes bought on any promotions or discount, 90 days warranty is applicable.
Do you take custom-fit orders?
We currently do not undertake any customization requests.
What kind of socks are recommended for pairing with tan and black shoes?
Sock colour should be closest to that of your trousers. Read more about thumb rules of pairing here. We sell a range of socks which you can buy from any of our stores.
I have a wide foot, do you sell shoes suited for wide foot?
We have few styles suited to wide feet. You can visit any of our stores and ask our store staff for assistance.
What are the available sizes of shoes and how do I find out the right fit?
Our sizing grid, which is the basis of shoe fitting is designed to fit as many individuals as possible. We primarily follow the French sizing system, which allows lesser dimensional variation from one size to the other. For RUOSH, We provide a range of 6 sizes in each style. This compact size grid will help you understand the available sizes:
Know your shoe size
I have a high in-step, what kind of shoes should I wear?
In formals/ work wear, derby construction is more suited for people with high instep. A broader toe cap is also recommended. We have a wide variety of derby & broad toe cap shoes. Please do visit our stores to check the range.
I saw a pair of shoes on your website, can I have them in another colour?
Yes, if that shoe has a different colour variant, then it can be bought from any of RUOSH Stores. There can be chances of non-availability if the chosen shoe belongs to an older collection.
Do you recommend buying shoes online?
Every shoe has a different fit and we recommend that you visit our stores to find the right fit. If you are buying with our online partners, kindly read the return & exchange policy carefully.
Is specialized footwear for medical problems available in RUOSH Stores?
We currently do not manufacture any specialized footwear catering to medical problems.
What are the kind of payment options available at RUOSH stores?
We accept payments by cash, debit/credit cards and paytm.
“RUOSH” (“Company”) DOES NOT trade or sell your personal information in any manner, except as specified herein or if you express your consent towards the same. Personal Information provided by you is used only:
(a) To facilitate your use of the website;
(b) To respond to your concerns, inquiries or address your requests for information about the various services we offer;
(c) To provide you with information about Company’s services/products and send you information, materials and offers from the Company;
(d) To send you important information regarding the website, changes to Company’s Terms of Service and various policies and/or other miscellaneous information;
(e) To send you surveys and marketing communications that the Company believes may be of interest to you;
(f) To personalize your experience on our website;
(g) If you purchase any content or avail of any service from the website, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding Your purchase and provide you with related customer service;
(i) To administer product downloads;
(j) To conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the website);
(k) To improve the services, content and advertising on the website;
(l) To protect the integrity of the website; and
(m) To comply with legal requirements and disclosures provided under the laws of India. Although the Company provides full security and secrecy to your personal information, we urge you to be careful with very sensitive information and do not share it with any third party claiming to be related to the Company on separate emails/phone calls etc. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities towards any such claims that have arisen due to your own negligence or wilful misconduct and the Company takes no responsibility of the same.
In case we receive a cancellation request and the order has not been processed/approved by us, we shall cancel the order and refund the entire amount. We will not be able to cancel orders that have already been processed and shipped out by us. The order status will be made visible in my orders section once the order has been placed by a customer.
1. At “RUOSH”, we take great care in delivering your products to you, and we partner only with reputed national couriers. Shipping within India is FREE for all orders above Rs. 1599. For orders below that, we charge a flat Rs. 100 shipping fee.
2. Because each craftsman and artisan's process is unique, shipping times may vary. Look for shipping info in my orders section for individual shipping times.
3. Our courier partners will be able to deliver the shipment to you between Monday through Saturday: 9am to 7pm. Working days exclude public holidays and Sundays. Delivery time is subject to factors beyond our control including unexpected travel delays from our courier partners and transporters due to weather conditions and strikes.
4. As soon as your package ships, we will email you your package tracking information.
Ruosh.com Exchange Policy
Currently we do not support exchange of products. If you wish to exchange the product due to size/quality issue; you can visit your nearest store to exchange the product or place a return request and order for a new product.
Ruosh.com Return Policy
At “RUOSH”, we are committed to customer delight and making online shopping a pleasant experience. All products are scrutinized for quality and size by our experts before dispatch. In the rare case that the ordered products are not up to mark and don't fit you right, there is absolutely no need to worry. You can place a return request in my orders section and the product will be picked-up within 5 working days.
To be eligible for return, the products should not be used, washed or dirty. The product must also be in its original undamaged “RUOSH” box with all tags attached. The return request should be initiated within 20 days of the delivery of the product.
The “RUOSH” Care team must receive and approve your return request. Once your request is received and approved, we will arrange for a return pick up at an agreed upon time.
In the unlikely event that your merchandise arrives damaged, you should email us a photo of the damaged product along with the Order number and registered phone number. You must email us about any damaged items in your shipment within 48 hours of receiving your order All the emails must be sent to email@example.com mentioning the order number and the problem with the product.
Refunds will be processed within 2-3 working days after the product has been picked-up and will reflect back in your account in 5-7 working days.
SARA SUOLE PRIVATE LIMITED offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our Service and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (Terms of Service, Terms), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available on the website. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
In these Terms, references to "you", "User" shall mean the end user accessing the Website, its contents and using the Services offered through the Website, and "we", "us" and "our" shall mean Sara Suole Private limited.
Copyright And Ownership:
- All content included in this website (except for User Generated Content) is owned by Sara Suole Private Limited or its subsidiaries or affiliates including without limitation text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, digital downloads date compilations, software and illustrations ("Content")
- The compilation of all the content in this website is the exclusive property of website / Sara Suole private limited and protected by the Indian Copy right laws You shall not modify any of the materials and you shall not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Website. Except as authorized under the Indian Copyright Laws.
- All software used on this website is the property of Website/ Sara Suole private limited.
Website Use Restrictions:
- The website grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website and for your own non-commercial use to participate in the website or to place an order or purchase RUOSH products. You agree not to change or delete any ownership notices from materials downloaded or printed from the website.
- No License for Commercial sale:- This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents , any collections and use of any product listings, descriptions or prices any derivative use of this site or the content, any downloading or coping account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering methods /extracting tools.
- No reproduction. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied sold, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose.
- No Framing :- You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark , logo , or other proprietary information (including images , text layout or form ) of the website and our affiliates/subsidiary without our express written permission.
Links To Third Party Website:
User Account, Password, And Security And Membership Obligations:
- When you register with website the details you enter on the registration form will be used by us to provide you with news, offers and discounts on products for sale, news and other information.
- You agree to provide your real name, last name and accurate and truthful personal information including correct & a valid email address in your registration.
- You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Website's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Website cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this clause.
- You agree to indemnify us against any unauthorized use of your Username and password, howsoever caused.
- We reserve the right to modify the membership information you provide, as well as to delete, disable and/or restrict your account.
Reviews, Comments , Communications And User Generated Content And Posting Rules & User Conduct:
- Nature of content: You may on the website post reviews, comments and other content; and other communications and submit suggestions, ideas or other information as per the posting rules enshrined in this agreement.
- False Information: You may not use false email Address, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead while you use the website. Website reserves the right to (but not an obligation) to remove or edit such content but does not regularly review the posted content.
- Rights Granted : If you post the content or submit material and unless we indicate otherwise , you grant the website / Sara Suole private limited a non exclusive , royalty free, perpetual , Irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use , reproduce, modify adapt, publish , translate , create a derivative work from , distribute and display such content throughout the world in any media . You grant website and its affiliates and sub-licensee's a right to use the name you submit in connection with such content if you choose.
- User Interaction Disclaimer: You are solely responsible for your interactions with other people, whether online or in person. Sara Suole private limited is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from any interaction with other Platform users, persons you meet through the website or persons who find you because of information posted on, by or through the website. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other users on the website, and conduct any necessary investigation before meeting another person. Sara Suole private limited is under no obligation to become involved with any user dispute, but may do so at its own discretion.
- Sara Suole private limited does not guarantee the website will be free from user generated content that is inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable. Sara Suole private limited is merely acting as a passive channel for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any user generated content or activities of users on the website. Even in the event Sara Suole private limited chooses to monitor any user generated content, Sara Suole private limited assumes no responsibility for, or any obligation to monitor or remove, such user generated content. Sara Suole private limited reserves the right to edit, remove, or refuse to post any user generated content or terminate your registered account for any reason.
- Posting rules user generated content and user conduct:
- Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, invasive of another's privacy, or is harmful in any way
- Depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct
- Upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website or another's computer
You agree not to transmit to any information or post, email, or otherwise make any Submission of User Content that: